Cherry Valley Public Library urges families to gallop, crawl, slither, or fly to the library for “Paws to Read”. During June and July, the library will host a range of free activities for children, teens, and adults that encourage and support a love of reading.
Studies show that school aged children retain and improve crucial reading skills for the fall through regular summer reading.
For this reason, Children and Teens ages 2 to 18 also win incentive prizes for reaching their reading goals!
• All ages may participate in the Summer Reading Club.
• Summer Reading Club registration begins on Tuesday, May 27.
• Prizes run June 9 through July 30.
• Programs begin June 12.
• Adults (ages 18+)
• Register on the adult side of the library.
• Read and enter the weekly prize drawing. See Adult Details for more information.
• Children ages 2 to 18
• Register at the SRC table on the children’s side of the library.
• Receive a booklog to record the titles of books read over the summer.
• Sign a contract with the Children’s Librarian to set a summer reading goal.
• Children who finish their reading contract goal by July 30 will receive a ticket
to the final party at the
SummerField Farm and Zoo on July 31! Enjoy a 2 hour
party with a large variety of exotic animals, ranging from reindeer and monkeys,
to camels and mountain lions.
• The library offers a variety of programs, give-aways, and contests all summer to encourage reading and
program completion. Each week, a different prize is given to kids who record books at the library.
• Last day to register for Summer Reading Club (all ages) is July 3.
Our Age Groups This Summer Are: